Experienced manager, designer and developer with a demonstrated history of both leading creative and digital teams as well as collaborating with stake holders to produce print and digital marketing collateral. Skilled in design processes and production, UX/UI, front-end web development, and search engine optimization (SEO). My passion is people – how people react to marketing, how they interact with technology, and how they can work together as a team to succeed.
Areas of Emphasis
• Full Life Cycle Project Management
• Staff Hiring and Training
• Budget Management and Vendor Relations
• User Experience Design (UXD)
• Copywriting and Storyboarding
• Website Design and Development
• Brochures, Flyers, and Direct Mail
• Event Banners and Display Booth Graphics
• Digital File Management
• Product and Event Photography
Affiliations & Community Involvement
President (2017-2019) – Develop overall chapter strategy, recruit board and general membership, lead event planning.
Technology Director (2016 – 2017) – Improved the communication infrastructure and maintained website.
GiveCamp Memphis (2012 – Present)
Organizer and Team Leader – Web development, design & branding, SEO & content strategy.
HackMemphis (2016 – Present)
Board Member – Event planning and coordination.
Creative Services Manager
Keelsen, Memphis, TN (2015 – Present)
Manage the creative process from concept to execution, working with clients to determine their needs. Oversee the quality of the creative work produced in-house and externally and provide art direction for both print and digital designs.
- Provided leadership on multiple projects and managed the relationships with clients to ensure their needs were being met.
- Created and designed the branding from the ground-up for various companies and ecommerce sites including naming, logo design, customer personas, and content strategy.
- Improved branding and SEO with various companies and nonprofits struggling with their online presence so they could increase traffic to their sites.
- Helped produce an explainer video which allowed that company’s customers to understand their product and increased traffic interaction on their site. My involvement included asset acquisition, script writing, and managing the motion graphics artist and voice talent.
RocketFuel, Memphis, TN (2014 – 2015)
- Wrote maintainable and scalable CSS (SASS) and jQuery within a CMS
- Created code to match the designer’s files exactly
- Resolved issues for responsive sizing and browser functionality
- Used PHP and SQL to implement functionality within pages
Games Workshop North America, Inc., Memphis, TN (2009 – 2014)
Developed campaigns to support the marketing of the company’s retail departments from concept to
execution. Worked closely with senior management and stake holders to ensure goals were met.
- Created a celebration package for retail stores which included exclusive prizes, marketing materials, and
instructions so that it was reusable with little overhead. This lead to successful events which showed an
increase of 50% in attendance over a year.
- Defined a potential target customer and worked with Marketing to write and design materials to
establish connections within communities which led to new outlets of sales growth.
- Implemented social media accounts for over 100 stores and wrote instructions
Design Team Manager
Games Workshop North America, Inc., Baltimore, MD (2005 – 2009)
Supported management and internal departments to maximize their communication needs through
design of presentations, marketing materials, and recruitment campaigns. Managed staff’s performance,
development, and schedules.
- Successfully managed a large-scale publication of a 1000-page catalog overseeing designers, writers,
artists, and photographers over a 6 month period which allowed stores and customers to view every
product Games Workshop offered in one place.
- Re-branded the HR department’s recruitment materials so they could effectively communicate to
various potential hires at job fairs and online.
Graphic Design Supervisor
Games Workshop North America, Inc., Baltimore, MD (2003 – 2005)
Oversaw all projects coming into the department, delegated tasks, and created and managed the job flow
process. Led larger projects with other designers through conceptualization and design.
- Developed a way to streamline and import large amounts of data for monthly product price publications
to decrease a designer’s time and increase the turn-around on last minute changes.
- Created a system for judging painted miniatures at events that allowed staff to judge fairly on the same
scale which brought transparency to the scores for our customers. This very successful system was
picked up and used nationally among the community and U.S. retail stores.
Games Workshop North America, Inc., Baltimore, MD (2001 – 2003)
Designed marketing materials, event graphics, and magazines working both on a team and independently
on projects. Processed files and graphics for publications on various media. Photographed product and
events, edited the photos, and prepared them digitally for publication.
- Reached out to other departments to improve communications and thereby improving the success of
our department’s support.
- Improved the process for the magazine and internal publications to streamline the tasks so deadlines
were met consistently.
Epiphany Lutheran Church, Collierville, TN (2013 – 2015)
Environmental Research Services, Matamoras, PA (2001 – Present)
Master of Arts (MA) in Publication Design (2009)
University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Media, Communication, and Technology (2001)
East Stroudsburg University, East Stroudsburg, PA